Saturday, 31 August 2013

SW4 OUTFIT ALERT


My bank holiday saturday consisted of facing the rain and enjoying impersonating a little drowned rat! That sounds terrible but I was actually at SW4 festival on Clapham Common! Despite the revolting English weather, I went prepared - Wellington boots, an oversized raincoat and an umbrella, which of course within minutes got dumped.

To my horror I woke up on saturday, now being used to the sunny summer days, to torrential rain! Well this brought an extreme sadness to my hours of outfit buying the previous day!!! 

Ok, so I sound like an absolute drama queen, but the rain had completely put a downer on things! My outfit now had to somehow co-ordinate with black wellies and a raincoat! Princess strop over, I tried to work the 'drenched girl' look. 

So, i went for a Forever 21 white and black checked shirt, a racy black leather bralet from Zara and some vintage Levis denim shorts I've had for a while! For accessories i went with a chunky worn gold 'penny' necklace from H&M, a vintage black Levis belt and my Karen Millen black and gold studded cross over bag. That sounds all well and good, huh?! I then had to chuck in a raincoat which i rolled the sleeves up on and some plain black wellies which shielded me from mud covered legs!

I now regret my tantrum as SW4 in the rain turned out to be one of my favourite days of the summer! And who can't deny that it is slightly liberating dancing in the rain, right?! 


2 comments:

  1. Festival looks are never complete without a raincoat, I woulda been annoyed about the weather too though! Love your outfit choice, can't get enough of checks!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - If I had known I would of bought a much nicer one that could of been more co-ordinated with my outfit!
    Thanks :) I think my next purchase is going to have to be tartan!
    XO

    ReplyDelete